Okay, so I'm not going through the Yuletide stories nearly as fast as I usually do - I'm not even half way through yet, and I doubt I'll get much farther over the next few weeks. So, I'm going to post the recs I have so far and leave it at that. Enjoy!AladdinA Whole New World
- Genie is free, now. Free to live forever, travel time, and come back home.American PresidentTwo Women
- Two women, two parallels, two Presidencies. I kind of read this one on a whim since I always enjoyed the movie, but I was extremely impressed with what I found. Very well written and true to the characters, and it almost made me sniffle. Almost.The Time Travelers Wifeund mit Geistesstarke tu ich Wonder auch
- I have never read The Time Travelers Wife
and all I know about it is that there is a time-traveling husband and a non-time traveling wife that often gets left behind. That did not stop me from loving this story (that I read on a whim because it had a lot of comments, which is a sign of good stories when it comes to Yuletide), which follows their daughter, Alba, as she inherits and uses her fathers ability. It is beautiful and lyrical and... amazingly well done considering how someone completely ignorant of the book (series?) can still follow it and love it. You ever see or hear something so beautiful that it makes you want to cry? That's kinda how I felt at the end of it.Beauty and the Beast (1991 Disney Movie)What Became of Marie La Fleur
- What happened to the green sister after the movieBourne series (movie)Easier
- Nicky after Bourne Ultimatum.Brimstone
(with quite a bit of Supernatural in the second half)26 Views of Mount Meggido
- Zeke is still hunting. The author wanted it to be a surprise, but since only one person on my friends list might remember Brimstone, I figure I'd let anyone interested know that Supernatural pops up quite a bit, too. With bells on, even. Also, this story is looooong. Just shy of 35,000 words.ChuckFour Times Chuck Was a Hero
- Chuck is a giant geek (and that is why I love him ::hearts like woah::). This has saved his life and the lives of others on more than one occasion. Here are four more such occasions.Four Things Bryce Larkin Regrets and One He Doesn't
- Title pretty much says it all.TV CommercialsFive Missions Erin Esurance Failed to Complete
- The commercials kind of irritate me, but it helps that the story has nothing to do with the commercials except for Erin and Eric. Also, I am amused at the Silly Unimportant Insurance Front hiding Super Secret Government Terror-fighting Agency. It is very Get Smart of them.Feast!
- The continuing adventures of The Viking, The King, The Hawaiian, The Greek, and The Pilgrim from those Snickers commercials. While it didn't have me ROTFLing, it did have me snickering like mad several times. Also, totally qualifies as Cracktastic Fluff, which is the best kind.Dead Like MeDeck the Malls
- Georgia, Mason, and Daisy all have assignments at the mall on Black Friday. Mostly posting this cause it was fun. Or, well, as fun as Dead Like Me can be what with people dying and all that.EnchantedFive ways Reality Beats Fairytales
- Nancy and Edward get their own version of Happy Ever After.
Crisis Management (http://yuletidetreasure.org/archive/69/crisismanagement.html
) - Five minor crises that cemented Jack and Henry’s friendship
Fairy Tales (trad)...
- A bit of a twist on the traditional story of Rupunzel
Galaxy QuestThe Rebirth of Brandon Wheeger
- A kind of cute story that follows Brandon after the end of the movie.
- Through the Glass Darkly - They can’t be together, so they try and find third person to live through. Not exactly a satisfying ending, and not as snark-tastic as the movie, but it has it’s moments.